First all, Carpets for Kids would like to say thank you for more than 27 years of support from our dealers, teachers, schools and more! CFK has always been known for its quality and service and we will continue in that path going forward.
Understanding the troubling times our nation finds itself in with COVID -19, CFK has taken additional steps to insure we maintain a high-quality product free of any health concerning risks.
In our Georgia facilities we’ve instituted the following measures to assure that our products are safe to ship into a childcare environment:
- If any of our Carpets for Kids employees find themselves running a fever at home, they are not to report to work and seek medical attention.
- Each morning, all employees will have their temperature taken outside of our facilities as an extra precaution.
- All employees who come in direct contact with our rugs must wear gloves
- Our lunch breaks will be staggered, and employees will eat alone while practicing at least 6 feet of separation.
- All rugs go through a heat tunnel at 325-degrees Fahrenheit during the packaging process.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the facility along with disinfectant wipes. All door handles and sinks are being wiped and disinfected after use.
- Currently, we are not accepting visitors at our facility. All delivery personnel (truck drivers) will not be allowed to come within our facilities
- All necessary maintenance is being done internally by our employees so no outside contractors are allowed in our facility at this time.
- We are in the process of setting up some of our office staff in Oregon offsite to work remotely as a further step to assure we can remain open during this time.
We hope by implementing these measures we can mitigate the threat of this virus and we will continue to produce a product that is safe for everyone. We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes as necessary. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
President, Carpets for Kids