Printed Collection & KIDply® Soft Solid carpets:
Whole rug & Spot Cleaning: Over the counter “dry cleaners” will do the job. They are good because they can be vacuumed out of the rug and not leave any residue.
The main thing to avoid is any cleaner with bleach or strong chemicals that would cause the dye to run. It is always good to try an area for colorfastness before using something across a large area of the rug.
- DO use approved powdered dry cleaning products
- DO spot test with cleaner, for color fastness before using over larger areas.
- When cleaning, always blot, NEVER scrub or rub abrasively. This may create a fuzzy area.
- When vacuuming, DO NOT vacuum over serge. This can cause serge yarn to become frayed, and torn. See our serge warranty page for repair suggestions.
- DO NOT use Bonnet System cleaning method
- DO NOT saturate carpet with wet solution
- Please contact Carpets for Kids® with any questions or concerns you may have regarding cleaning or caring for your area rug.
KID$ Value Rugs:
Machine Washable: Cold water with mild detergent. Gentle cycle. Line dry. Do Not Bleach.
- Our KVL product is best suited for hard surfaced floors.
- DO NOT put furniture on top of the rugs. They perform the best (lay flat) by having their own space.
- DO NOT vacuume over serged edges.